Thursday, February 23, 2006

Welcome Back

After a long hiatus, I have decided to make a comeback.

I have decided to focus on the second half of this blog's title, and that is "Football." And I'm not talking about the Steelers, either. You should read the word more like "Futbol," because that is what I want to write about. The 2006 FIFA World Cup is around the corner, and I am passionate about the United States Men's National Team.

I'll reserve the right to make comments of a political nature, of course, but my intent right now is to lay off of the second oldest professsion. That is part of the reason for the very long time since my last post -- I just got so frustrated with what was going on, leading up to the election, that I had to start thinking about other things.

My other reason also has to do with frustration. I would read other blogs before posting, and by the time I sat down to write on my own blog, it seemed that every issue that seemed interesting to me had been covered and covered.

And covered.

So I'm going to forget all that for awhile, and focus on Germany, 2006. So, dear reader(s), to quote one of my favorite country music singers (when I do actually listen to country music):
"Are you ready for some futbol?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home